Artist support is central to everything we do at CPT. We’re not a theatre that does a bit of artist support on the side. It’s our priority, and our public programme of work springs from it.
By artist support – aka artist development – we mean supporting early-career artists to make innovative work, helping them establish themselves artistically and structurally, offering them advice, programming their work creatively and finding them an audience – and (not least) giving them a community to be part of and a place to call home. The types of development support we offer include:
- structured schemes in which to develop new work to full production
- seed commission funds, including several for artists of colour
- free rehearsal space
- dramaturgical support and mentoring
- fundraising support
- discount or free tickets to CPT shows
- opportunities to become involved in the life of our theatre
- associate artist scheme
- fees for performances and contributions towards travel and accommodation
Any donations, large or small, will go directly towards our work with emerging artists, and are, of course, hugely appreciated!
Want to chat to us about other ways to support? Drop us an email.