“(The seed commission) has made me feel supported, not just as an artist but also a woman of colour whose story wanted to be heard.” – Subika Anwar-Khan
In recognition of the fact that artists of colour are under-represented in contemporary theatre, from 2015-20 CPT ran a seed commission offering £750 towards supporting the production of new work.
In 2020, with generous funding from Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Inclusive Camden Fund, we expanded that scheme to target artists of colour, D/deaf and disabled artists, and artists from working-class backgrounds.
Along with a seed commission of £750, the scheme offers the following:
- One week’s rehearsal space in-kind
- Invitation to build a network with fellow participating artists
- PR and marketing support, inclusion in brochures, website, social media activity
- Technician to support get-in, and to operate your show (please bear in mind that we anticipate scratch commissions to require minimal technical support)
- Ongoing development opportunities – CPT is keen that these commissions are the beginning of a long-term relationship with supported artists support, and we’ll do what we can to help you develop your work further
Since 2015, we have supported the following artists and projects with this seed commission:
We have two call-outs a year; please join our mailing list or keep an eye on our opportunities page to hear about them. If you think your work is relevant to the CPT programme but falls outside of the timeline for these commissions, we’d still love to hear from you. Please contact [email protected]