Join our team: Board members
Camden People’s Theatre (CPT) is seeking up to three new board members with the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work. We are particularly interested in board members with specialist skills in: legal, youth & engagement, fundraising and board members with a strong connection to the Camden community.
We are also keen to recruit board members of colour in order to increase the ethnic diversity of our board, and we will undertake to interview any person of colour applying that meets the person specification.
Board members are expected to attend four board meetings per year, but also to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, attending performances, advising staff members and acting as an ambassador for CPT.
The roles are unpaid voluntary positions.
Find out more about the role and how to apply here.
Call for submissions: seed commission for artists of colour
We are offering a new seed commission to artists of colour to create a new ‘scratch’ performance (up to 25 minutes long) as part of our artistic programme. Each artist will receive £750 towards producing the work. These commissions are being offered specifically artists of colour in recognition of the fact these artists are currently underrepresented in contemporary theatre.
What we’re looking for:
- New work including but not restricted to the following themes: feminism, gender fluidity and gender queer, the current political landscape, plus an ongoing interest in work exploring gentrification, the housing crisis, London’s changing demographic and vanishing communities
- Unconventional and innovative work
- Devised, self-made and solo work
- Off-site work
- Interactive work
- Live art / cross-disciplinary work
Please bear in mind, we are unlikely to consider ‘plays’ as traditionally understood, ‘new writing’, formally conventional work, straight monologues, or any work made according to the usual writer-director-actor hierarchies. We can’t accept scripts as part of your application.
What we’re offering:
- £750 seed commission
- Marketing support, inclusion in brochures (where possible), website, social media activity
- Technician to support get-in, and to operate your show (please bear in mind that we anticipate scratch commissions to require minimal technical support)
- One week of rehearsal space in Spring 2017, with a view to be programmed in the Autumn 2017 programme (Sep-Dec)
- Ongoing development opportunities – we are keen that the commissions are the beginning of a long term relationship with the artists support, and we’ll do what we can to help you develop your work further. As part of a new partnership with Barbican Open Lab, there may also be an opportunity for a week of development time at the Barbican.
Deadline: Fri 24 Feb. Any applications recevied after this point will not be accepted.
Please ensure you read the information document before applying.
Join our team: technical staff
We’re looking for technical staff and operators to join our casuals pool for shifts from April onwards. Please send a CV and a brief cover letter (no more than 1 side of a A4) detailing your experience and suitability for the role to Lucy Adams ([email protected]).
Our hourly rate is currently £9/hr. We’ll be in touch to arrange an induction and book you in for shifts within two weeks of receiving your CV.
Deadline: 31 March 2017
Join our team: front of house staff
The Front of House team is the public face of the theatre, welcoming the audience and delivering first class customer service, while ensuring that health & safety and licensing regulations are met. Download the full job description here.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and short covering letter (no more than one A4 page) to Anna O’Dell ([email protected]) – by Fri 3 March, with “FoH Supervisor application” in the title of the email. Interviews will be held wc 6 March with an immediate start. Please ensure that you meet the essential criteria when applying.
Enthusiasm and interest for CPT’s programme and mission statement
Previous experience in a Front of House role
Available evenings and weekends
Hard working, with a can-do attitude
Experience in cashing up and money handling
Confident in using own initiative, and a proactive attitude to work
Experience in working as part of a small team in a busy environment
A basic understanding of the technical side of theatre
Experience in a supervisor role
Experience using Spektrix ticket system
Experience in working at busy events
CPT is committed to promoting Equality and Diversity and we encourage applications from people from all backgrounds.