In this blog post, Feat. Theatre give you 10 steps you can follow to start a Welcome Revolution.
Welcome is a radical act and we’re starting a revolt.
Here are 10 steps you can follow to join us in The Welcome Revolution.
- Invite local communities in Camden to have a Tea Party with you. Meet new people, offer them tea, cake and arts & crafts activities – like origami – and get the conversations flowing.
- Alternatively, come to a Tea Party that we have organised. Coming soon to a venue near you.
- Hang bunting in all communal spaces.
- Ask people what ‘welcome’ means to them; give them a smile.
- Tour your tea parties around London with a small wheely-suitcase that’s filled with all your materials and an eight litre water urn.
- Make sure you go to the toilet before you tour and before you participate in any revolutionary activities – so much Tea can take its toll!
- Be political.
- Be gentle with your recruitment tactics, and give people time to come round and join in. This is, afterall, a peaceful revolution.
- Make an interactive show about welcome, where fictional story-telling is combined with real-life stories, inspired by aforementioned Tea Parties.
- Alternatively, buy a ticket to The Welcome Revolution, a show that we are already developing, and be welcomed to the revolution.